Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring has sprung?

I spent a couple of days this week on the other side of the mountains where it is almost always a bit warmer. When I arrived, I walked through snow to get to the flower garden where the little yellow crocus blossoms were in full bloom. By the next day, the snow I walked through had all melted away.



When I returned home to our mountain valley, there was still quite a lot of snow on the lawn although it has diminished quite a bit. Some of the flower beds are snow-free now. I was a little surprised this morning to see daffodil plants protruding from the ground that was so recently snow-covered. I think there is even an errant tulip starting to grow there. I can see that is about time to rake the flower beds and get them ready for warmer weather!

No comments: