Friday, April 8, 2011

April Fool 2

There's an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!' The weather for the 2nd day of Baby Animal Days was much like the first day. Some changes were made from the first day to accommodate the weather. The outlying sites were closed (as several inches of new snow fell in the night) and the baby animals and other activities were brought to a more central location by the livery stable, mercantile and opera house. Visitors were picked up by wagons at the main entrance and delivered to the livery stable area. Consequently we had one very realistic frontier street for a rainy/snowy day....huge muddy ruts.



Maybe it is just me, but when visiting a farm on a sloppy, muddy day, I would expect to find poor walking conditions. Thus, I would consider wearing sturdy shoes or boots. Now imagine the lady seen walking down our street today, complaining that her shoes were being ruined.....her stiletto heels that is!

The baby animals didn't seem to mind being the center of attention.







I had a wonderful surprise today at the woodwright shop...a visit from cousins I had never met in person. It was great to see them there!












1 comment:

Hatch said...

It was great to see you today, even in the snow and mud.