Saturday, August 27, 2011

Celtic Festival and Games 2011

Last year I took quite a few pictures at the Celtic Festival so there is not much point in repeating them. There were a couple of noteworthy things today in addition to rather fearsome heat. As I was sitting in the shade, trying my best to cool off a bit, I looked just to my left and noticed a statue of a large bird sitting nearby. Then I noticed that the statue was breathing! He was a huge bird, with large talons and a hood on his head.





We were sitting just behind the booth where young folk were allowed to challenge and fight the giant.








A couple of times brave Sir Andrew and brave Sir Duncan donned their 80+ lbs of knightly garb and demonstrated some feats of arms for us. Sir Duncan dressed more in the fashion of Scottish knights, while Sir Andrew dressed in the English style. Just imagine leaping around in a sword fight while dressed in glorified tin cans on a 90 degree F. day!





At the end, a spectator asked, "After all that, are you really friends?" One of the knights answered, "Even better than that! We are family!"

Later while visiting with some of them, they mentioned that they do a great presentation on putting on the whole armor of God.

As I walked past the stage once, I noticed a bunch of girls...or are those lassies? or maybe colleens? Anyway, they were preparing to dance. My goodness did those girls have a lot of curls!









No comments: