Thursday, November 26, 2009

We like pie! We wish we had more of it!

Today was Thanksgiving, which we spent with some of our family. Family, of course, is one of the things we are most thankful for, but pie is certainly up there on the list. Our family has never really liked cake, even for birthdays, but pie,. well, that is another story! Many years ago I went through a period of time when I could not eat pie. If I couldn't eat it, I really didn't want to make it, but the children begged for pie. I finally told them I would teach them and then they could make pie whenever they wanted. At that time, their ages ranged from 8-14, so I grouped them around the kitchen table to learn to make pie crust. Once the lesson was over, I believe we must have had pie every day for at least 3 weeks straight. Now the pie makers are grown, but they still make pies. Thanksgiving is another opportunity for pie. Today we had key lime, pumpkin, banana cream, rhubarb custard, blueberry and pecan.

IMG_4788-1.jpg picture by nali49



IMG_4785-1-1.jpg picture by nali49

IMG_4783-1.jpg picture by nali49

Don't let the solemn face fool you. That piece of key lime pie is following pieces of pumpkin, key lime and rhubarb custard pie.

IMG_4780-1-1.jpg picture by nali49

It is sad when your pie is gone, but boy was that banana cream good!

IMG_4784-2.jpg picture by nali49

Some people weren't allowed pie, and thus, were forced to subsist on fingers. No Fair!

IMG_4791-1.jpg picture by nali49








No comments: