Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hoarfrost

In Alaska, sometimes the ice fog would settle around. When it left, everything would be covered with hoarfrost...every branch, every twig, every leftover leaf. When the air cleared and the sun began to shine, the whole landscape sparkled. It was one of my favorite parts of Alaska. I knew it would be something I missed most when we moved away.

hoarfrost3.jpg picture by nali49

Hoarfrost in Wasilla, Alaska

hoarfrost.jpg picture by nali49

When we moved south I wondered how we'd adjust to the change in weather. It is nice having 4 clear seasons. I was rather surprised, that whenever winter weather showed up, our neighbors would moan about how cold and miserable it was! I was pleased to see that although winter here is not as long, we still get the beautiful winter landscapes...not only snow...but also hoarfrost!

IMG_5036.jpg picture by nali49

Hoarfrost in Smithfield

IMG_5038.jpg picture by nali49

IMG_5039.jpg picture by nali49
IMG_5042.jpg picture by nali49

No comments: