Friday, February 11, 2011

We're rich!

Well...we are NOT rich in the normal sense of the word I guess, but money isn't everything.

Over the years, I've gotten a variety of messages from my children, telling me of riches to come...by phone, by mail, by email and in person.

One came in the form of a birthday card, explaining that my birthday present was not finished yet but that I would get it in September. I was too dense. I didn't get it. Sure enough, come that September a new little granddaughter arrived. Her mother told me that I was so dense that next time she'd throw a brick at me! Since then, I've received several bricks in the mail...each one good for announcing a new grandchild.



Once it came as a scrapbook page...



Most recently I went in to spend some time with my morning exercise routine......that is Mii on the left there. Next to me is woodworker. On the right is a guest Mii. Then the little Mii sitting on the floor suddenly appeared, with the label 'Baby H'! I don't know how they got it there...but clearly they managed to do it without my knowing it. A happy surprise!



By the end of summer, we should have 14 grandchildren. We are truly rich. For a related post, see this

No comments: