Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alaska Christmas

Why am I blogging about Christmas in March? It's because in my sorting and housecleaning, I came across a scrap of paper I'd saved all these years. After including the information here, I will be able to toss that scrap of paper!

It seems like Alaska loves adapting other things to unique Alaskan circumstances. So it was with the traditional Christmas song about The Twelve Days of Christmas. The 2nd graders of Snowshoe Elementary presented their special version of "The 12 Days of Christmas - Alaskan Style" with signs created to illustrate each of the 12 days. I believe I recognize that little girl with the caribou sign.

alaska12days.jpg picture by nali49

If you want to try the song Alaskan style, here are the words to substitute into the song:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
A Ptarmigan in a spruce tree.
2nd Day: 2 Caribou
3rd Day: 3 Spruce Hens
4th Day: 4 Beluga Whales
5th Day: 5 Baby Moose
6th Day: 6 Huskies running
7th Day: 7 Bears a fishing
8th Day: 8 Seals a barking
9th Day: 9 Walrus sunning
10th Day: 10 Sourdoughs panning
11th Day: 11 Reindeer prancing
12th Day: 12 Salmon jumping

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I recognize the gal next to her, as well!