Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Free!

Who can argue with free?

Today I went to get my hair cut. When it was time to pay, the lady said, "this is your free haircut." I didn't know there was such a thing. It turns out every 9th haircut is free!

After leaving the haircutting place, I headed next to the phone store. My cell phone suddenly has decided that it can no longer hold a charge longer than 4-5 hours. The nice man at the phone store checked to see what sort of battery my phone had. Sadly (?) my battery is no longer used or available, so it was time to get a new phone. He brought out 3 phones for my viewing pleasure. He explained that one would cost me 99¢. The second was $30...with a $30 rebate. The third was $50 ...with a $50 rebate. The first was similar to my present phone...the sort that I regularly sit on and make unintended calls, so I decided against that. That left me with phone #2 which is a flip phone, and phone #3 which is a slider. Since they are all basically free, I decided to try the slider. Apparently it is no longer possible to get a simple phone that only makes calls.

In any case, free haircut...free phone. Who can complain?

No comments: