Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New Bonnet

Most of my headwear is made of straw, which is great for summer, but not so good for wearing during a winter snowstorm. A couple of months ago I was at the local thrift store and found a brown felt hat. The price was right, so I brought it home to see what could be done with it. Since I wanted a bonnet rather than a full brim hat, we cut out the back part and then steamed it with an iron until it changed into more of a bonnet shape. Once it was the right shape, I took some lace which came from an old pillowcase and sewed it onto the brim of the bonnet. Then I add the ribbon. It worked great recently when I needed to wear it on a cold snowy day at the farm.


IMG_4901.jpg picture by nali49

IMG_4900.jpg picture by nali49

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hey hey, what is this "we" business? Hmph!

Nancy said...

well, you cut some out...and so did I!