Saturday, December 5, 2009

Homemade with Love

These ornaments have been called by several names: Heritage Balls, Memory Balls, Funeral Balls, etc. The reason for this is that the original balls were made using ribbon left over from funeral flower arrangements. In reality, most of the ones I have were made with ribbon purchased from the store, just because my mother enjoys making them.

IMG_4831.jpg picture by nali49

The quilted-looking ball is one I learned how to make at a Relief Society class. It is made of many little folded triangles and lots of pins.

IMG_4828.jpg picture by nali49

The cute reindeer couple came from my sister, who always thinks of creative things to do with common everyday materials.

IMG_4827.jpg picture by nali49

One year, back in the days when I had just 4 children, I decided to make each person in the family a felt ornament. For some reason, I have 3 of them left. Since I made 6 ornaments, that means that 3 of those children now have their ornament, but I still have someone's. I wonder which child doesn't have his or her ornament? I think it is the rocking horse that belongs to someone else. There was also an angel, but I don't remember what the other two ornaments looked like. Maybe someone will help me remember?

IMG_4817.jpg picture by nali49

No comments: